I arrived late Thursday night and Shawn flew in late Friday night. On Saturday we went up to L.L. Bean because I missed the giant boot, ate at one of our favorite places in Portland, Flatbread (delish pizza place!) and got to eat on the deck overlooking the water. It was a great lunch if you ignored the man in the body bag on the dock adjacent to us who had just been pulled out of the water after suffering a heart attack and falling in, eek! Then I got to walk on the beach with Chris' mom! It was great to spend some time together and the weather was beautiful!!! After that Kelley and I had a slumber party at her and Pete's new house!! They have a great lil place in Arundel and we had some yummy (and not so yummy, hahaha) vino and enjoyed the company! Can't wait til they get down here in October and we can do our 'annual' birthday shots... 26 of 'em this year baby!! LOL
L.L.Bean boot


The new bubble! You basically crawl on your belly to get inside (meant for 5 yr olds, not 25 yr olds!) and then you're in the tank with the fish!


Mom & Dad at Flatbreads in Portland

Shawn & me at Flatbreads

Sunday we headed up to Rumford and had a cookout at Gram's by the pool. The water was nice but none of us got hot enough to actually take a dip! yummy food though, and we all enjoyed ourselves hangin with Gram! We (well Shawn and me) hadn't seen her since my wedding! The only time i was home since then was February for a couple days and she was away, spending the winter in the much-milder-than-Maine South Carolina! And Shawn had not been home since last summer. We had lots of catching up to do, and I think we were successful! :o) After we left Gram's we went to Mimi's to pick her up and bring her back to our house for the night.
Shawn & me with Gram


Mimi & Dad @ Snow Falls


Monday was spent with family up in Augusta attending the beautiful burial service for Pa. It was at the Veteran's Cemetery and the service was really beautiful, we could not have asked for more. Then we all went out to Olive Garden after...yum yum! Monday night the 4 of us went to the Arundel Wharf for some drinks and conversation. It was a great way to wrap up a few days at home. I stopped by Kel's one last time and said goodbye, happy to know that I'll see her in October!
The Mahar clan

My flight was at 6 am so I got up at 3:50, left around 4:30, got to the airport around 5 and boarded at 5:30... had a great flight back to DC and a beautiful view of the city on the way in. I didn't have a chance to take a pic of that though, sadly. I did get the clouds though - they were so pretty! I love it when you're on top of the clouds!
Overall, I love how this somber time home turned into a great celebration. I can say that I really enjoyed my short visit home! Can't wait to get back up there! Maybe Christmastime will be the next visit?!?!
~SAY

No comments:
Post a Comment