Random quips from a random girl with too much time on her hands, a head filled with far too much imagination and only one blog outlet to throw it all into.

Follow my journey!

9.11.2009

There IS Such a Thing as Too Much BEIGE

So as I'm preparing for our yard sale coming up in a couple weeks, I've been doing a lot of cleaning/organizing, and basic de-cluttering. During this process, I've also tried to *spice up* our home decor a little bit which was basically bland and non-existent. The walls are beige... the carpet is beige.... even our living room furniture is beige! Needless to say, our apartment was starting to look pretty dull. Well, I guess it always was dull; it just never bothered me until now! So... while we can't paint the walls, I made some minor changes to make our house a home (or I guess our apartment..um, apartment-ier?)

First thing i did (and no, it has nothing to do with the damn beige!) was FINALLY put some pics up on the giant wall above the bed in the guest room

L-R: Clare on her first day with us, Cliffs of Moher, awesome rainbow in Montana (and the only colored pic), "Just Married" flip flop foot prints on our Honeymoon, and Fenway on her first day with us :)

Love seat before..... (and note the top of the TV)
Love seat after

Couch and chair before...
After!

New green candle to match :) Doesn't smell wonderful though haha Eucalyptus and somethin.. not my thing, but it maches ;)

Close-ups

So, I know it's not much, but it makes me feel better! :)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
September 11th

Before....
After....

We Will Never Forget

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers