Any man can be a father, but it takes a special man to be a DAD!!
Happy Dad's Day to all the Dad's out there, and especially mine!
I love you so much!!Thank you. Thankyouthankyouthankyou.
It's nice to know I always have someone in my corner supporting me!
Wishing (as usual!) that we could be home with you on this special day.
Miss you tons!!!
Yesterday was a really good and BUSY day!!! In the morning we completed our first 10K (6.21 miles!) It was really fun & was a good course too! Lots of hills but what goes up must come down! I LOVED running with my Garmin Forerunner! I had it set for a certain pace and it has a "virtual partner" where it shows "him" running and "me" running and tells me how far ahead/behind I am. That's a really awesome feature! Helps so much since i'm trying to increase my speed.
Anyway, luckily the race started at 8am so it beat the heat, somewhat. I finished in just over an hour (9:48/mile pace) and Chris finished in 55 mins or so (8:34/mile pace - WOW!)
We were really pleased with how we did for our first 10K and hope to do another one sometime in the near future!
We're trying to find a race for July (so far we've done one in April, May, and June and have one planned for August -- "Bolt for Babies" again, and we'll probably do Clarendon Day 10K in Sept then the half in October!)
After the race it was off to kickball playoffs! It started at 11 and we all assumed we'd be done by 12 since we only won 1 game all season (well technically 2, but it was because the other team forfeited.) To our surprise we won the first game...and then the 2nd...making it to the final 4! Then we played the purple team who kicked our butts last time we played them but we got an early lead. Long game/story short, we ended up tying the game up at the end, putting us into overtime. A few innings later, they beat us by 1 run. Gah!! Oh well, I (and everyone else) was fine with it since it was so HOT out and we were in the sun in the middle of The Mall for hours and hours longer than anyone expected! (from about 11am to 4:30ish...yikes!) It was a nice way to end the season though!! I really had a lot of fun playing kickball this season and I'm sure I will miss it!
PS- our "kids" turned 2 on Saturday! (6/19)
I miss these days when they would BOTH cuddle up with me! Luckily ClareBear is still a cuddlebug :)
I miss these days when they would BOTH cuddle up with me! Luckily ClareBear is still a cuddlebug :)
wish we had one for Clarey but her size just isn't quite as..."impressive"



No comments:
Post a Comment