Random quips from a random girl with too much time on her hands, a head filled with far too much imagination and only one blog outlet to throw it all into.

Follow my journey!

2.05.2010

A Hodge Podge of Updates!

Well I've been absent from updates for a few days now due to lack of internet. Right now we have it but I'm not sure why, as the Comcast guy is not scheduled to be here until between 8 and 11 this morning. We also had cable illegally for a day, but they discovered it and shut it off I guess!

So the new place is.... not wonderful. Today marked both of us setting the fire alarm off by 6 am (yes, we're making new friends quickly here.) 2 days ago I set it off around 6 and Chris at 5:45 this morning. EVERYTHING sets it off, it's not my horrible cooking. I think if it smells something different it goes off. Believe me, our toast was most definitely not burned, nor did it smell like smoke/burning. I got us some fire wood yesterday, wonder what it will do with an actual fire? Oh man. And yes, we still hear our neighbors and cringe every time we hear them and also every time the cats go a little crazy and run thru the apartment, or when Clare jumps from the top of the fridge to the floor (yes you read that right. We're trying to break her of that bad habit!) The windows that I was so excited about (hello sunlight!) have proven to be very shoddily insulated and keep this place an icebox, prompting us to buy a space heater that follows me around throughout the day. We had to stop by the Shirlington apartment the other day and it almost brought me to tears - What did we do??

Anyway... last night I went out to dinner with an old friend from High School - SARAH COFFEY!! So much fun to catch up and it did not feel like 9 *short* years had gone by. When did we get old?? Another one of our friends stopped by too and it was nice to have friends around :) Can't wait to do it again!

I also want to wish Margy & Will happy birthdays yesterday, and Mr. Zachary Naughton who turns 2 today!!

And in other big news (do I sound like a news show?) SARAH IS COMING TO VISIT IN 9 DAYS!!!! She's coming from Canada from Feb 13-21 and I cannot wait!!!!!! I'm so happy she was willing to spend all that money on the ticket and I'm glad she's agreed to stay with us! I wish I could've worked my schedule a little better, but it's not a crazy week so we've got that going for us!

Coming this weekend: A shit ton of snow (another 18-24" - i thought when we had that huge storm in December it was a once in a lifetime thing...not once a month! But YAY!!!) and the Superbowl at Erin & Jimmy's house!


Just a few pics:



I hope you all enjoy the snow storm as much as we will!!

Update: They are now predicting "ACCUMULATIONS...WIDESPREAD STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 20 TO 30 INCHES...WITH SOME LOCATIONS IN EXCESS OF 30 INCHES."
OHHH YEAHHHHH! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers