First order of business: Go to Total Wine and More which I just realized sells my absolute very most favorite wine: Red Cat (and White Cat!) It's only about a mile away so this is about the most exciting thing that could ever happen. Buy wine: CHECK!!
Monday was a holiday so Chris was off with Sarah. Luckily I only had a couple clients in the morning and then my social skills group at night, so I was able to spend the afternoon with Sarah. The whole week really is kind of a blur, a mixture of working some and then coming home to hang out. Definitely can't complain about that!!
Wednesday I took the day completely off and we went to the National Museum of Crime & Punishment. SO AWESOME. Probably my favorite museum that I've been to in DC. Keep in mind if you go, you do have to pay for it. It was $12 because we bought our tickets online; $20 if you pay for it when you get there.
It's so informative and very interactive which i loved! We got a print out of our actual finger print (maybe we're the only 2 who would be excited about this?), took a lie detector test (well it didn't really work... only for me since my hands are hotter than Sarah's haha), got to stand in a line up and follow the "turn to the right, left, suspect 2 step forward" directions, drive a simulated cop car to catch bad guys, shoot a bad guy (I killed 2 guys, Sarah killed 3), solve a CSI case, and go to the actual set of America's Most Wanted. I had no idea that show was filmed in DC, let alone in the Crime & Punishment Museum! But yep! They film Saturday nights and you can watch from behind the bullet proof glass. I want to do that next!
It was fairly dark in the museum and you can't use flash photography, but I tried to get a few pics.
Remember him, the guy from "Catch Me if You Can"
AMW Set!
Friday I was also off and we spent some time shopping and taking care of things to get ready for a night out in Georgetown!
We started with dinner at J.Paul's and then went over to Old Glory, where we actually stayed the whole night!
Sarah & Eddie
Aili & Matt
me & Erin
Kevin & Chris
Amy & Sandi
In other news, it was really fun watching the Olympics with a Canadian! It should also be mentioned that Seth Wescott won Men's Snowboard Cross again last week! (It debuted in the Olympics in Torino 2006 and he won then too.) He is not only from Maine, but was my brother's roomate...so I brag about that any chance I can. Sue me ;)
Yesterday we had a minor health emergency with Fenway. (Warning: this is not the most pleasant thing ever. If you don't want to read about gross things, don't read on!)When we got up on Saturday morning there were balloons alllll over the apartment, some all torn up. As the morning went on Fenway began barfing up quite an assortment of colors. Luckily, they were small balloons. So we brought her into Urgent Care, they determined she had a fever and they gave her a couple of shots. One was anti-nausea. She threw up probably about 15 balloons in all. They gave us some special soft food for GI problems and we are slowly re-introducing regular hard food over the next 3 days while she's getting the special food. We also got an Rx for Pepcid AC. She wasn't allowed to eat at ALL yesterday (we could give her water though) which is incredibly painful for a 15 lb cat! She hasn't pushed away from many dinner tables! hehe She is doing much better today though. Poor lil baby!
Also, I know this is late but I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day! Chris got me roses and we went out for a special dinner, aww :)

Sorry this got so long! It had been a while and I've actually been up to things lately! haha Thanks for reading ~ xo

No comments:
Post a Comment