It was also a very relaxing weekend, and it doesn't get much better than that in my book. Yesterday I resolved the library drama (see entry: Success!), we went to Kohl's (spent $93 and saved $112, ridiculous!!!), had dinner at Valentino's (our very favorite pizza...ever), went grocery shopping at 8:30 at night to avoid the crowds (which we did successfully), and bought some random odds and ends that we had been needing from Walmart (we had a gift card. It wasn't really our choice to go there) and rounded the night out with a few glasses of wine and some Wii with my favorite guy on the planet, Cristobal.
Today was equally as beautiful and relaxing. I woke up around 7 am (Thank you, Fenway). We had left the windows open all night long (all of them in the living room) so I thought it might be cold. But nope, it was a perfect spring morning. Smelled so nice and fresh and I could hear the birds chirping. I hung out with the cats for a bit then Chris strolled out of bed around 8 or so. After we had breakfast we went to Pinecrest Golf Course for Chris to hit a bucket 'o balls for the first time this season. he did a great job and I enjoyed the sights (it's right in DC so it's pretty cool) and watched the planes take off and land at Reagan.
Then we got home, had some lunch, went on a loooong walk (like an hour and a half) with great conversation and planning. Came back here and relaxed for a bit then we went to REI to look at some tents (we're in the market for another one, so maybe we can go camping with people this year, since no one seems to own one.) We've got our eyes on one and were hoping it'd be out on display so we can see it set up.
And here we are, 7:15 with a delish lasagna cooking (ooh - 30 seconds to go! whoo!!), Harry Potter on TV, and Chris is completing his Fantasy Baseball draft.
Could life get any better? (Well, besides the fact that tomorrow is Monday)

No comments:
Post a Comment