On Friday I went out with Sarah and Erin, and was able to meet up with Chris and Kevin later in the evening... I'll just post some pics - words can't even describe!
Here we are :)
Insull...who later became known as "Insulin" (just because I'm so clever... i'm sure she never heard that before)
Yerx (as Insulin called me all night) and Insulin
Insulin & Erinski
Look at that face!!
yeah, this picture happened a lot


saying goodbye as they trek back to Bethesda & Alexandria!

Then Saturday, Kevin came back to Shirlington with us. We went for a 4 mile walk on this beauuutiful day. Chris and I did this walk last weekend and had to do it again. This one neighborhood that we went through had the most amazing flowers we'd ever seen! ALL of the houses had these flowers in all shades of pink and they just blanketed the yards! It was gorgeous. It looked like pink fluff everywhere! So I wanted to get pictures... but do you think the flowers looked the same a week later? NO. I was so bummed! I had never seen anything like it! I did get a couple pictures.. picture it WAY more full of flowers and WAY brighter... and they were everywhere. We think it was a rule that you had to have more of these flowers than grass in your yard.
Ugh, these pictures do it no justice whatsoever


Then there was this house that we saw.. not even for sale but we decided it's going to be our house someday haha Well actually the house is great, but the neighbors are right on top of you! Coming from Maine, I don't think we could get used to that! We like to have woods separating houses, not a curtain!
Yeah, we are creepy for taking pics of strangers houses, we know. Get over it!
Side view... wonder what's behind that fence! I imagine a great big in-ground pool... Obviously.
The front...
Doesn't he look good in front of it?? ;)
Maybe someday we will be able to find a nice house like that in a good location :) Here's to hoping!Sunday was a fabulous day of rest :) Didn't do anything except go look at the kitties and doggies at the animal shelter (no - no plans for more animals!) But there was this poor 14 year old kitty named Maggie that i really wanted to get... the previous owners got rid of it because they got a new dog. How horrible is that?! I was so upset for this poor cat! it's just not fair that poor old Maggie (which was discounted - the "Super Senior" rate, ugh!) is spending it's last who knows how long in the animal shelter. It's not right. How could their owners do that?! This poor sweet kitty! OK i'm done or Chris will be coming home to 3 cats...
And now rounding out the end of the weekend (already?!) I wanted to wish you moms out there a very Happy Mother's Day! You all deserve a special day in your honor. (Side note: They did a new study as to what a mom's salary should be, assuming moms do the "top 10 mom duties" - i.e. laundry, chauffeur, etc - and the salary came to $122,000 ish. But I know that's certainly not enough for all you moms do!) And to my momma, you are such an amazing woman who I have endless amounts of admiration for. You are the strongest and most insightful woman I know and I hope to be half the wife and someday mother that you are. If I am, then I'm doing pretty good! I love you so much!! Thanks for being my mom!

that is such a cute study... mom's should make over $100,000!!! hahaha... babies need to pay up!
ReplyDelete