Random quips from a random girl with too much time on her hands, a head filled with far too much imagination and only one blog outlet to throw it all into.

Follow my journey!

4.02.2010

Cherry Blossom Festival: Part Two

So we ventured out into the crowds and warm weather last night to peep the blossoms again, since they are now officially in full bloom! It was crowded, as expected (though not nearly as bad as the weekend would be!) and we got some good shots. Well, I got some decent pictures and Chris got some really fantastic ones.

We ended up walking for hours - literally - back to Pentagon City. We didn't even know you could do this but have always wanted to give it a shot! We left the DOL where I met Chris and headed for the Tidal Basin. After we navigated thru the crowds we headed over 395 to National Airport (didn't know there was even a place for walkers here!) and then over to Crystal City and finally back to Pentagon City. It took a long time and we were definitely tired when we were done! It was a great walk though and we got to see all the good sights :)

As we were approaching the Airport, the planes were sneaking up on us from behind and seemed to be about arm's length above our heads! I had to get a video to catch it, it was pretty cool! You could even feel the heat from the plane after it had passed. Kinda gross, like second hand airplane air! I need to find out what this park was. All kinds of people were there, just hanging out and playing ball, etc while watching the planes land! And, some people appeared to be launching their canoes into the Potomac from here! (Dad, we are going to be working on what the heck this place is!)





Fishing in the Potomac?!?! :-X ....No thanks!
From the bridge


This is a gem of a photo that Chris took at lunch time. It's outside the front of the DOL. I loooove this picture! What a great lil photographer I married!
It was really a great day! (Hello blue font, where did you come from?) Can't ask to be in a better place in a better season. DC in the springtime = Heaven on Earth. Plain & simple :)

OH -- and we finished the day with a giant baked ziti pizza from Valentino's....MMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next up: Red Sox vs Nats tomorrow @ 4:00! And, we'll be there with a bunch of Mainers! What could be better?! Stay tuned :)

Oh, and this is a random picture I took the other day when I was mixing up the marinade for our steak. When your food smiles at you, you know it will be a good meal! And it was :)


2 comments:

  1. I love that photo with the flowers on the bottom, building in the background, and tree on top. So so so beautiful! Glad you guys are enjoying the beginning of Spring. It's 75 in Albany today and my dog enjoyed greeting tons of dogs in a park :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that one is Chris' - I'm pretty sure it's my favorite photo of his! And he's got lots of great ones. Glad to hear you are having some of this gorgeous weather! Hopefully it's here to stay! I bet Mila had a blast in the park!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers