Random quips from a random girl with too much time on her hands, a head filled with far too much imagination and only one blog outlet to throw it all into.

Follow my journey!

4.21.2010

Updates!

So a couple of new developments since the 5k entry.

1: I had my first kickball game today! My team name in case you forgot is Here for Beer (H4B). We lost 2-0 to a jackass of a team who thinks they are holier-than-thou and that their shit don't stink. Yeah, they were
that team. At least we got them out of the way early and they can suck it! And I didn't screw anything up so it's a big win for me! OH, AND i had 3 beers while playing..ON the National Mall which is like a lifelong dream so I'm a happy girl. I did not, however, join in on the drinking festivities post-game because I have an all-day conference tomorrow for which I simply cannot be hungover. Major bummer. Can't wait til next week though! I'll be there with bells on...and lots of pink accessories.

2: After the 5k I suggested that we stay for official results/awards because Cristobal kicked butt with a 25 minute time, but he said nooooOOOoooo. Well, we got medals in the mail today, with his for 1st place and mine for 2nd place in the Women's 25-29 age group! Go Yerxa's!

This picture has nothing to do with anything, but this is how I found Clare sleeping today!
Winners! This pic is to illustrate my official WAKA H4B shirt :) I'm actually going to puff paint the name on there...sweeeet.


3: Our next 5k is Race for Hope: Make a Difference in the Fight Against Brain Tumors. I will proudly be running in honor of my Mother-in-law! :) (Conveniently it's on May 2...and she will be visiting us then! How perfect!?!?!!!!!)
AND, David Cook will be participating in the race! Kinda cool, even though I'm not an AI watcher! Looks like this is gonna be a big one!! Click the link to pledge to my cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers