Random quips from a random girl with too much time on her hands, a head filled with far too much imagination and only one blog outlet to throw it all into.

Follow my journey!

12.06.2009

Roses & Thorns

I figured it had been a while since I did a Roses & Thorns segment so I must be due!! Here it is:
  • Roses to it SNOWING YESTERDAY!!! ALLLLL DAY! And-fun fact- our first snow has been on 12/5 for the past 3 years
  • Roses to a fairly relaxing Sunday ahead. We have a few things to do but they are Christmas-related :)
  • Roses to the Yerxa Christmas Wreath we got (and I decorated!) today!
  • Roses to me running 20 of my 65 mile goal before going home on 12/22. So far I've brought my average miles per day that I need to run down about .6 and taken about 1.5 minutes off my mile pace! (and this is all since Tuesday! I'd consider this a success so far.)
  • Roses to going to NJ next weekend to visit Ken, Kim, & Zach...and hitting up NYC while we're there!
  • Roses to the fantastic interior illumination I constructed today. Pictures to come.
  • Last but not least - roses to these pictures:

  • Thorns to tomorrow being MONDAY.... already! My oh my how time flies. However, it brings us closer to going home (2 weeks from Tuesday!) so it can't be that bad... I guess it's not quite a "thorn," more like a baby prickly bush.
  • Thorns to no Yerxa Christmas Tree this year... after much consideration we decided it just wasn't worth spending $40-50 on a tree that will be up for 2 weeks tops. We were planning on taking it down before we went home and we are going to be out of town next weekend. It just wasn't practical this year! I"m trying to figure out how to hang the wreath both indoors and with lights/ornaments on it ;) (I know, I know... the Queen of Christmas without a tree?! That's like Scrooge without a bad attitude!)

Until next time...


2 comments:

  1. Matt and I can relate to the no tree thing. We bought a small tree a couple years ago and we just put that up every year. No room in our can of sardines apartment for it. Hope you guys are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you forgot roses for HP coming out on Tuesday! and roses for finally getting to see New Moon this weekend! :)

    and thorns for the snow melting away :(

    ReplyDelete

Followers