Random quips from a random girl with too much time on her hands, a head filled with far too much imagination and only one blog outlet to throw it all into.

Follow my journey!

10.25.2009

Pet Peeves

Disclaimer: I'm actually way less cranky than I just realized this entry makes me sound. I was cranky but had a great workout at the gym which lifted my mood exponentially! When Chris read this he said, "Wow! Rantalicious!" LOL

Enjoy!
***********************

I know, I know, I already blogged today! But, some things just call for immediate attention and this is one of those things.

For those of you who don't know (which, if you don't know this, clearly you don't know me!) my #1 pet peeve is chomping/lip smacking while eating. Ughhh it gives me chills just thinking about it and makes me want to slap you in the face. Why do you think I had to stop working in the nursing home?! Community dining rooms filled with dementia patients who lost their dentures... um, no thanks. Actually, that was totally insensitive and not even true. That never bothered me. But I digress...

I realized two other pet peeves today. Well, I always knew they were pet peeves but I didn't know until now how highly they ranked on my list...
  • People who check themselves out in the mirror (for extended periods) while on a cardio machine at the gym. I understand sometimes you gotta give yourself a glance to make sure your wedgie isn't showing cheek or to make sure no one is running behind you so you know that you can pick that wedgie and be in the clear. I get that. However, there are those who just stare at themselves...that's it. Staring. What are you looking for? Trying to see if you can watch the fat melting off your body? Here's a tip: you can't. Looking to see if others can see your giggly thighs when you're running? Another tip: we can. But trust me when I say, no one other than you is looking. And yes, you might catch me staring at you staring at yourself and no, I'm not going to look away. I want you to realize how silly you look and more importantly, I'm waiting for you to fall. Harsh? Maybe. But true. Get over it.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say I'm Little Miss Gym or anything. Believe me, I know that you can see my legs dancing around as I'm running, but I trust that you're not looking.
  • People who stand IN the doorway of the elevator when they're waiting to get on. They just assume that no one is going to be coming off and I'm pretty sure they're making bets with themselves about whether or not they can enter the elevator before the door is entirely open. Their nose is about 2" away from the door (yes, I've seen this first hand when I'm waiting with this person to get on. I make sure to stand a good 10' away to make it REALLY obvious and hope that they realize how damn close they are! again, I digress..) and then they barge right in as it's opening, not waiting to look to see if anyone is exiting. Another tip: I AM EXITING! So back off. Entering an elevator is kind of like crossing the street: remember that song - "use your eyes, use your ears, and quickly move your feet!" well the same rings true for an elevator. The next person who tries to bum rush me when I'm getting on the elevator is going to have a hot date with my fist! (yeah yeah, like I'd ever punch someone over how they get on the elevator, but seriously - wait your turn! Did you miss "my turn, your turn" day in kindergarten? Ugh!)
What are your pet peeves? Leave comments!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers