Random quips from a random girl with too much time on her hands, a head filled with far too much imagination and only one blog outlet to throw it all into.

Follow my journey!

10.13.2009

There Was Nothing LONG About that Long Weekend!

This past weekend with Kelley and Pete came and went faster than I ever could've imagined! I felt like I was just heading up to Baltimore to pick them up and now I've already been home for an hour after sending them back off to Maine!

We had a great GREAT weekend. We loved having them here and really appreciate them making the trip down here. We loved getting to show them around DC and where we live and exposing them to our life down here.

Friday we got back from the airport around 8ish (I think..?) and we hung out for a few before going to dinner. We took them to Capitol City Brewing Company and enjoyed some good food and drink. Saturday we *tried* to go apple picking, but stopped traffic both directions on the infamous (and horrific) I-66 prevented that. So, we chalked it up as a nice scenic drive. When we got back we took them to check out these new townhouses that you can see from our apartment that start at over $500,000 and go up to $600-something (hey - sometimes it's nice to dream!) We decided that they'd move down here and we'd go in on a 600 one together - sweet! Who knows what we did next, probably ate again (this weekend was very food-centered, and I for one loved it.) We also took them to the Pentagon City Mall (great mall!) and we went out in DC that night. So, Sunday was a day of rest. We were mostly feeling pretty good but just tired. We went to bed at 4am and I was up at about 7. Here's some pics!




Pete, Kelley, Cristobal, Dave, Angela
Sunday night we took them on a nighttime tour of DC so they could see all the monuments lit up and we did a little walking just around at the Capitol. My favorite time to go is late at night because there's no one there, you just have it all to yourself!

Monday we did the DC thing and walked around the Mall and went into the Museum of Natural History (the dinosaur one) and US History (the one with Dorothy's ruby red slippers). They really did a crappy job with renovations at the US History Smithsonian. Just had to throw that out there.


This one came out perfectly, hehe!
Air Force Memorial

I really wish they were still here! Hopefully they'll come back soon now that they know what they were missing :-P

Thanks again for coming guys, love and miss you already! xoxo
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers