Enter new installment: Roses & Thorns. Here I'll talk about all things good; be it something good that happened that day/week (depending on how often these end up occurring), something I'm thankful for... anything. Thorns, as you can probably surmise, are the opposite. All things negative. Be it obnoxious, maddening, sickening, and the like. (Probably mostly obnoxious, since that's what I feel most of the time!) And yes, I even thought this new installment deserved its own special font. Veranda. Oooh, aaaahh.
Here we go ~

- Roses to it being Friday, of course!
- Roses to Cristobal for trucking to Harris Teeter (as we speak) to get us some Ben & Jerry's. Love that husband 'o' mine!
- Roses to my undying love for all things People of Walmart when you need a good laugh (or ego boost) and Perez Hilton to catch up on celebrity gossip. I just love it. I love it so much and can be so consumed by it, that I should probably go to rehab for it.

- Thorns to 99.9% of DC drivers. Can I just tell you what I went thru yesterday to get home after work? I know 100% of my readers (all 2 of you) won't know what these roads are, but just bear with me - it's part of the story, ok? SO, I had a terrible headache. I mean, knock you on your ass, don't move your head because your brain has swelled up to a size larger than your skull, curl up in a ball and cry in pain kind of headache. All I wanted to do was get home, close the curtains, curl up on the couch and sleep. Nothing more, nothing less. Welllllll.... I'm on my way home, on I-66 (notoriously shitty road) and I came to stopped traffic. Cool. I'm learning my way around now that I'm driving so much AND I have a magnificent GPS so I "detour" to rt. 50 which I'm also very familiar with. Sweet. I'll get around this crapola. PSHH! 50 is stopped as well. Fine. "Detour". Get on 495 for 1-2 miles, thinkin- I'm on my way now! Annnnd stopped. By this time, I had been traveling for almost an hour longer than I should've been. I should've probably just stayed on 66 in the first place (yeah yeah, woulda coulda shoulda, right?) Sending out the largest thorns I can find. But yes, I did end up on the couch and slept...and slept and slept. No headache today (roses!)
- Thorns to the pole fire (whatever that means) on Four Mile Run Drive that knocked out our power (and all of Shirlington). Scared the dookies out of Fenway and Clare for some reason! I was going to go to the library but everything in ol' Shirleyville was closed due to no power. Grr. Go back to apartment, sit in dark. (It was a dark, rainy and cold day.)
- Thorns to the dark, rainy, and cold day.


No comments:
Post a Comment