Random quips from a random girl with too much time on her hands, a head filled with far too much imagination and only one blog outlet to throw it all into.

Follow my journey!

7.14.2010

Don't Forget to Smile

Some days you just fly through the day, wrapped up in whatever thoughts are going through your mind. Seems like lately I can't seem to catch my breath; I'm so busy with work since I've been trying to cram in all my clients because next week I have Camp Friendship (and I'll be wiped when that's over for the day - I don't want to work all night too) and then we'll be in Colorado. I've been busy. I've been working late and then trying to workout (I need to get back on the workout wagon...yesterday.) By the time we're home and have dinner it's about 8:30 then I get stuff together for work the next day - 9:00. Then shower and relax for about 30 minutes before getting up to do it again. It's mundane. It's monotonous. It sure as hell makes me appreciate the weekends and look forward to our upcoming mini-vacation in Denver.

So sometimes, you just need a reminder: Don't forget to smile. A little guy today knocked me back to reality. He gave me the reminder I needed.

A little background: he's 1 year old, has a trach & vent, g-tube, and colostomy. He's basically been fighting for his life since he was born at 29 weeks. I'm trying to work on his feeding so his family can hopefully one day have a family meal. Maybe even go out to eat together. All these things that we take for granted, they have never done. But guess what?

Today I looked at him.

And he smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers