Thank you to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday -- I got so many phone calls, text messages, cards in the mail, and facebook wall posts! I feel so loved! It's actually a bit overwhelming in the very best way!
:o)
:o)
I absolutely, positively loooove love love having a 4th of July birthday. I love that everyone is always up for a good time, there's always good food to eat, and my birthday always ends with fireworks! What could be better for that?
I didn't take as many photos as I should've but here's a few from the day!
My wonderful husband made me a FANTASTIC chocolate on chocolate bday cake...YUM
Love my new bag! It's huge and amazing! Love the happy luck o' the Irish color too!
We are ready for the fireworks to start!
Don't mind how sweaty & dirty we are.. it was only 90+* outside. No big deal.
Amazing fireworks display
(I don't think it hurts that Malia Obama's bday is also July 4!)
think this plane got a good view??
I think one of my favorite parts of the day was a note inside a card from my grandmother. She called it "Famous Last Words." She was telling me about how when my parents found out mom was pregnant with me, my due date was July 8 or 9. She was very excited, thinking we might share a birthday as hers is the 12th of July. Dad said, "Nope - this baby is going to have its own birthday!" And then here I go and show up on the 4th of July -- AMERICA'S BIRTHDAY!
I hope you all enjoyed whatever shenanigans you were up to for the 4th and that you had a wonderful long weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment